Hi guys – it’s super late and I have a crazy busy rest of the week, but I wanted to blog really quick to tell you guys about this DELICIOUS crockpot recipe I found and pinned on my Pinterest. I made it tonight for dinner and it was a complete success! Sometimes I feel like Pinterest recipes can be a little hit or miss, so I wanted to share with you this one incase you’re looking for a new recipe to change things up a bit. Sometimes I feel like I get into a cooking rut & I always love finding out tested recipes from friends! It’s very healthy and hubby approved so here it is, Crockpot Chicken Carnitas! 😉
I changed a couple things about it to fit what we had, so here are my changes:
– Instead of using beer, I did organic chicken bone broth with a splash of orange juice
– I didn’t have chipotle powder, instead I used the same ratio of cajun seasoning
– We added crumbled feta cheese on top, YUM!!! (and a small amount of sour cream!)
– Next time I make these, I’ll make up some sort of cream sauce. They were delish as is, but we thought some sort of cilantro cream sauce would’ve been an added bonus!
– I wasn’t sure how much all my chicken weighed, but I eyeballed it and did 4 large chicken breasts, and we had plenty left over to use for the rest of the week! I also left them frozen, because I didn’t have time to defrost them, and it turned out just as yummy!
*Big shoutout to GimmeSomeOven for this AMAZING recipe!! All of her recipes look incredible and I can’t wait to make more from her blog!!